Ledger no. 2 (my numbering)
A “Register of Watches of Superior quality”
Each full page measuring 30cm x 46cm (Ca. 12” x 18”) details a watch or a pair, trio or quartet of similar watches or movements, showing in nearly every case:
- A description of the piece(s).
- The date of commencement of the work.
- The customer(s), stock depot or exhibition for which it was intended, or to whom it was shipped.
- Detailed costings of operations and materials.
- The weight of the various metals used for the movement and case.
- The names of the outworkers and operatives who worked on the pieces.
- The final production cost of the finished pieces.
- The date(s) they were shipped.
Here is a typical page (Click image to zoom):